I first heard of / saw this company a few years ago, but never really tried anything from it. I just recently started buying some things from Lush at the end of last year. So far, I love everything I have bought. For those of you who don’t know Lush, they have fresh handmade cosmetics. They have soap, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, bath bombs / bubble bars, the list goes on. Pretty much anything cosmetic related.
So far, I have tried the Fairly Traded Honey shampoo, Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo, Veganese conditioner, Ponche body wash, Rose Jam body wash, Sexy Peel soap, and Karma soap. There are many more items from Lush that I want to try.
- Fairly Traded Honey shampoo: The Fairly Traded Honey shampoo smells so good, very honey-ish. I know it’s a bit weird washing your hair with honey. It definitely has a strong honey scent while in the bottle. But when I use it, after I rinse it out of my hair it isn’t quite as noticeable. The honey helps to moisturize your hair while you’re washing it. So, if you don’t want to use a conditioner with it, you don’t really have to. It works quite well. My hair looks really nice after using it.
- Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo: Made from real Stout. Yes you read that right. Shampoo made with stout. It’s a lemon and stout shampoo. I had gotten this shampoo as a sample when I bought the Fairly Traded Honey shampoo. I kept putting off using the sample because to me, it smelled horrible. Last month I finally had gotten around to using it. When I was putting it in my hair, I still thought it smelled horrible. But, surprisingly, after I was finished, it smelled great. I guess you just have to use it before you like it. I actually really liked this one.
- Veganese conditioner: Made with seaweed and lemon. Yes I know, again weird right? It is one of the lighter conditioners from Lush. Again, I got this as a sample when I had bought the Fairly Traded Honey Shampoo. I had been putting off using this as well, because I wasn’t so sure of the scent. But once I used it (the same day I used the Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo), I found that I actually liked it. Usually I can’t use conditioner, because it makes my hair look as if I hadn’t washed it at all. With the Veganese conditioner, my hair still looked very clean afterwards.
- Ponche body wash: When I bought this in late December, I was told by one of the girls working at Lush that this body wash was only sold around Christmas time. Which really sucks, because I love it. This body wash is tequila and orange scented. It is a great body wash to use first thing in the morning if you’re looking for something to wake you up. The scent last on your skin for a couple of hours. My bathroom usually still smells like oranges for a few hours after using it.
- Rose Jam body wash: Like the Ponche body wash (I bought this at the same time), I was told that it was sold around Christmas. Again, it sucks because I love it. This body wash is rose, citrus, and vanilla scented. I love to just smell it some days. 😀 The scent does last on your skin for a while. My bathroom usually still smells like roses and citrus after for a while.
- Sexy Peel soap: Orange and lime scented soap. I mainly use this for washing my face. It works really well. I love how clean my face feels after, unlike after using some soap from other stores.
- Karma soap: Spicy patchouli scented with lemongrass, orange oil & pine oil (patchouli is a member of the mint family). This is a scent that you will either love, or hate. I love it, my mum can’t stand it. Like the Sexy Peel soap I find it works really well just for my face. I can feel how clean my face feels after using this soap compared to regular soap from other stores.
For the soaps, they come in 100 gram bars (online), and around 100 grams give or take a bit in stores. I have been cutting mine into smaller little chunks. I find that they actually last a lot longer that way.
If you are interested in reading more about Lush here is the website: